Student Registration/Enrollment


Etowah County Schools                              Student Enrollment  

Etowah County Schools now utilizes PowerSchool, an online system for registering and updating student information. This solution eliminates the need to complete paper packets and creates an efficient means for updating information year after year. Please note the following details and dates for registration and proof of residence. All required documents must be reviewed and approved before your child’s registration is considered complete.

If you do not have access to a computer or mobile device (smart phone, tablet, etc) to complete online registration, please contact the school where your student will be enrolled next year.

Returning/Current Students

Step One: Complete Returning Student Registration 

Parents should click the link below to access the PowerSchool Registration Page. Then,
enter the 15 digit Student Snapcode to access the PowerSchool account and review and/or
make any changes to the student information. PowerSchool 'snapcodes' will be made
available each spring for students returning the following school year, so that
information can be updated. If you have not received the student SnapCode, email or
call the registrar at the school where you student is currently enrolled.


Click Here for Powerschool 2020-21 Returning Student Registration

        Click Here Espanol 2021 Returning Student 2020-2021 Registration

 If you have questions or need assistance with PowerSchool, contact support staff at 866.434.6276(8am-5pm) or find assistance in the PowerSchool Community

Step Two: If necessary, visit the Etowah County School for which you are enrolling the student with documentation to support any changes made to the student information (example: change of address/proof of residence).  

New Students

Step 1: Who needs to enroll?

Students who will be attending an Etowah County School for the first time*
Students new to the district (they have recently moved into the district or previously attended a private school or home-school)

Step 2: Complete New Student Registration


***Registering Kindergartners who are not currently enrolled in Etowah County Schools in Preschool please register using the Kindergarten Registration Webpage.

***If your child is enrolling in Kindergarten for the fall and is currently enrolled in Preschool in Etowah County please see your child's school for a snapcode and register as Returning. 

Illustration Of A Gold Star.pngClick here for 2020-2021 New Student Registration - English

Haga clic AQUÍ para 2020-2021 Inscripción de NUEVO ESTUDIANTE - Español

*Please note that if your student was enrolled in Etowah County Schools as of May 2020 then you must register them under the Returning Students Online Form with a snapcode given to you by your child's school. If this applies and you continue as new the submission will be deleted and will need to be done through Returning Student Registration in order to be considered submitted and completed for your child to attend the 2020-2021 school year.**

Step 3:
Visit the Etowah County School for which you are enrolling the student.

Download/view ECS Enrollment Reference Guide for a complete list of an acceptable forms of documentation.

You will need to provide the following:
Withdrawal Forms From Previous School
Proof of Custody When Warranted (See definition below)
Student’s Valid Social Security Card (optional)
Age Verification (Please refer to the ECS Student Enrollment Reference Guide)
Original Blue Immunization Form (Must be up-to- date)
Proof of Residency – Must provide two (2) of the following And Photo ID:

 Copy of lease or mortgage agreement
 Copy of current utility bill in a parent’s/guardian’s name (power, gas, water, telephone, etc.)
 Property Tax Notice, Voters Registration Card

* Photo ID may include a driver’s license, a state identification card, a passport, or other official photo identification, such as an ID card obtained through an official government agency or consulate. *If the current utility bills are not in the parent or guardian’s name, an ”Affidavit of Residence” must be completed and notarized to verify that the student resides in the enrolling district before student can be enrolled (form provided by school office upon request).

If false information is provided, by the student, parent or guardian, in order to ensure enrollment of a non-resident or out of zone student, the principal may immediately withdraw the student upon discovery of the false information.

Only the parent of record, legal guardian or parent with court approved custody shall be recognized and considered to be the legally authorized person in any school related matters pertaining to an individual student. The school system will afford a natural parent(s) of record the right that the Family Education Right and Privacy Act of 1974 affords him/her unless the court or a responsible party has provided the school system with a legal binding document that specifically revokes or extinguishes the parent(s)’ of record right to have knowledge of and participate in the child’s schooling.  We do not accept custody papers that have ONLY been notarized. When the parent of record enrolls a student in school, the principal should be notified of any completed or pending legal action affecting the family and of any previous placement or expulsion at any school. The principal should be given a copy of the most recent court order creating or limiting the rights of the non-custodial parent(s) of record.  Should neither parent(s) of record file a court order with the school, the school presumes that the person who enrolls the child in school is the custodial parent and that there are no restrictions on the other parent’s rights.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.