Kindergarten Registration

Welcome to Kindergarten!

Kindergarten Registration

Step 1: Who needs to enroll?

Students who will be attending an Etowah County School for the first time, Students new to the district (they have recently moved into the district or previously attended a private school or home-school)

If you are wanting to enroll for the CURRENT 2022-2023 school year please go to the Enrollment/Registration webpage.

You may use the School Zone Locator tool to identify your student's zoned school if you are unsure of which school your address is zoned. *Please note that if you are not zoned for the school you register to attend you may not be approved to enroll. Out of zone registrations MUST be approved.

CURRENT PRESCHOOL STUDENTS enrolled with Etowah County - Registration will be available May 1. Guardians will receive an email with their snapcode.  

Step 2: Complete New Student Registration

2023-2024 Kindergarten NEW Student Registration - English

2023-2024 Kindergarten New Student Registration - Spanish

Step 3: Visit the Etowah County School for which you are enrolling the student.

Download/view ECS Enrollment Reference Guide for a complete list of acceptable forms of documentation. You will need to provide the following:

  • Withdrawal Forms From Previous School
  • Proof of Custody When Warranted (See definition below)
  • Student’s Valid Social Security Card (optional)
  • Age Verification (Please refer to the ECS Student Enrollment Reference Guide)
  • Original Blue Immunization Form (Must be up-to-date)
  • Proof of Residency – Must provide two (2) of the following And Photo ID:

-Copy of lease or mortgage agreement -Copy of current utility bill in a parent’s/guardian’s name (power, gas, water, telephone, etc.) -Property Tax Notice, Voters Registration Card

Photo ID may include a driver’s license, a state identification card, a passport, or other official photo identification, such as an ID card obtained through an official government agency or consulate. *If the current utility bills are not in the parent or guardian’s name, an ”Affidavit of Residence” must be completed and notarized to verify that the student resides in the enrolling district before a student can be enrolled (form provided by school office upon request).

If false information is provided, by the student, parent or guardian, in order to ensure enrollment of a non-resident or out of zone student, the principal may immediately withdraw the student upon discovery of the false information.


LEGAL CUSTODY DEFINITION Only the parent of record, legal guardian or parent with court-approved custody shall be recognized and considered to be the legally authorized person in any school-related matters pertaining to an individual student. The school system will afford a natural parent(s) of record the right that the Family Education Right and Privacy Act of 1974 affords him/her unless the court or a responsible party has provided the school system with a legal binding document that specifically revokes or extinguishes the parent(s)’ of record right to have knowledge of and participate in the child’s schooling. We do not accept custody papers that have ONLY been notarized. When the parent of record enrolls a student in school, the principal should be notified of any completed or pending legal action affecting the family and of any previous placement or expulsion at any school. The principal should be given a copy of the most recent court order creating or limiting the rights of the non-custodial parent(s) of record. Should neither parent(s) of record file a court order with the school, the school presumes that the person who enrolls the child in school is the custodial parent and that there are no restrictions on the other parent’s rights.