As part of a comprehensive, quality physical education program, every student enrolled in physical education in Grades 2-12 will participate in the Alabama Physical Fitness Assessment (APFA). The APFA is designed to comprehensively assess the health and physical fitness of all Alabama students. This assessment, which is criterion-referenced, targets achieving and maintaining a healthy level of fitness in the areas of Aerobic Cardiovascular Endurance, Muscular Strength/Endurance, Abdominal Strength/Endurance, and Flexibility.
· Block schedules test once during a block and report that data
· Kindergarten and Grade 1 students are not to be tested
· All students who are enrolled in physical education Grades 2-12 and receive a grade for physical education must be tested and their data reported
- All Grade 2 students are to be tested. Only students who are 8 years old in Grade 2 will have their data posted into INOW.
- High school students who are enrolled in any physical education class that they receive a grade must be tested and their data posted in INow. (e.g. students taking physical education electives)\
- Students who have physical education waivers (a granted waiver from Dr. Bice) to substitute marching band (including majorettes, dance team, flag corps), and athletics (including cheerleading) must be tested and their data posted in INow.
- Fall scores and spring scores must be posted into INow.
- Teachers are requested to try and finish testing and posting into INow before Christmas Holiday
INOW Fitness Training Webinar
- The link http://support.sti-k12.com/teachervideo/will provide open access to the recording, along with a variety of other teacher videos, after a brief online form is completed. The Fitness Assessment Training Session recording is listed at the top of the page under the InformationNOW Health - Fitness Assessment heading.
FITNESS VIDEO DEMONSTRATION CLIPS
To download, right click download and choose "Save Target As" from the menu.