Food Lab Safety Exam Study Guide
1. Always wash your hands with warm soapy water before handling food.
2. Food borne illness is caused by eating spoiled food or food containing harmful bacteria.
3. Cross-contamination is when harmful bacteria are transferred from one food to another.
4. Use separate towels for drying hands and dishes.
5. Thaw frozen foods in the refrigerator or in a microwave oven.
6. Use a clean spoon every time you taste food during cooking.
7. Refrigerate or freeze leftovers within 2 hours of serving.
8. Turn panhandles toward the inside of the range.
9. Never throw water on a grease fire.
10. Never mix bleach and ammonia.
11. Sanitize means to get rid of bacteria.
12. Use potholders or oven mitts to remove hot pans from cooking.
13. Never put metal in the microwave.
14. Wash knives separately from other utensils.
15. Keep knives sharp to avoid slipping while cutting.