Week 1 Vocabulary
1. forecast - A forecast is a prediction. When you tell what you
think will happen you are forecasting.
2. contrariness - A person shows contrariness when they choose to
do the opposite of what they are asked.
3. indignant - You are indignant when you are angry in response to
something someone has said.
4. demonstrate - When you demonstrate you are showing someone
how to do something.
5. examined - When you've looked very carefully at something or
checked it, you have examined it.
6. artistic - Someone who shows an ability for art might be
7. revolt - When you revolt you resist doing what you are told to
8. peculiar - Something that is strange or odd is peculiar.
9. frantically - A way of doing something in a quick & hurried
10. distinguished - Someone who dresses as if they were very
important looking would look distinguished.
Click here to practice week one vocabulary.
Lesson 1 "Ruby the Copycat"
1. trudged - If you walked slowly as though your feet were
stuck in mud, you trudged.
2. gushed - When you were excited about something and talked
a lot about it you gushed.
3. coincidence - When the same things happen at the same time,
it is usually a coincidence.
4. pleasant - Something that is pleasant is enjoyable and makes
5. modeled - If you modeled something, you showed it so other
people could see it.
6. murmered - If you murmered something, you said it softly so
people could hardly hear it.
7. loyal - Someone who is loyal sticks by you in good times and
8. recited - If you recited a poem, you memorized it and then
spoke it aloud.
9. frustrated - When you try and try to do something and
cannot, then you might be frustrated.
10. imitated - If you copied what someone did or said, you
imitated him or her.
Click here to practice lesson 1 vocabulary.
Click here to play jig word with vocabulary words.
Click here to do an online word search with your vocabulary
Click here to play vocabulary speedword.